Sunday, August 9, 2009

I tri!

I did it, along with Lindsay, Beth and Chris! We completed the Bountiful Mini Triathlon on Aug.8, 2009 and I accomplished both my goals: 1. I finished and more importantly 2. I wasn't last! It was such a rush. I'm definately doing more, there's a competitive side just dying to get out. I was really happy with my run, 10 minute miles (nothing to jump about, but still exciting to me), the bike was challenging. I kept watching everyone I had passed in the run, pass me on the bike! It was probably my least practiced category though so I can only improve. Then to the swim. It was interesting with so many people huddled together in one area, many feet in my face and we were swimming snake style so under lots of ropes. The most fabulous part though was getting out and having everyone there to support us. I almost cried, but I tried to hold it together due to the crowds, but it was pretty rewarding. Hannah and Bella wore my number, 374 on their arms and were there to cheer me on every step of the way along with my Mom, Dad, Char, Kete, Macy, Emma, Andria, Gretchen and Thatcher! Who could have asked for more.

No comments:

Post a Comment